We are thrilled by the results of the events of the last two days at the 9th Annual World Climate Summit and the first ever Investment COP in Katowice, Poland on the sidelines of COP24.
A special thank you to co-organising partners IRENA, UNDP, and the World Bank for supporting the forum and your strong participation in this cause, and for two days of public-private partnership building.
Thank you to our sponsors, partners, speakers, and attendees for your valuable contributions to the action-oriented discussions that came from this summit.
A full house of 800+ international stakeholders and attendees gathered, including financial institutions such as the World Bank, European Investment Bank, BNP Paribas Asset Management, and JPMorgan Chase, governments across Denmark, New Zealand, Rwanda, Poland and Germany, and business leaders stemming from Maersk, ENGIE, Mars Inc., Schneider Electric, Volkswagen AG, Wärtsilä, and more.
With a diverse representation of gender, geographic balance, and public and priority sector discussions, some of the key highlights from the 9th Annual World Climate Summit included:
● Discussions on the need to include more clarity to the goals of the low carbon economy transition, the need for ambition across sectors and the need to also engage the citizens and the consumers in the discussions
● Models of public sector policies for investment risk reduction and engaging the private sector in financing green infrastructure through public-private partnerships
● Showcasing and matchmaking of projects like Reef2Resilience, Flex-grid, Craft Fund, F3: Climate Smart Lending Platform
● Announcements such as the Denmark-Poland agreement to collaborate on renewable energy implementation and Governor John Hickenlooper, Colorado, launching the Colorado Clean Energy Fund
● Plans for expanding the Investment COP to new regions and countries, strengthening its project preparation capabilities and increasing its public-private matchmaking element
Thank you to everyone for your participation in this event. We look forward to our continued collaboration in 2019.
World Climate Summit – The Investment COP Partners